Supporting families following sudden bereavement seminar
9.30am - 3pm, Tuesday 6 December, Edinburgh (UK)
We are delighted to announce that we will be running an essential seminar on providing effective support to suddenly bereaved families in Edinburgh, on 6 December. This vital event, supported by Thompsons Solicitors, will provide advice and guidance to all practitioners and professionals responsible for providing care and support to people affected by sudden death.
Led by practitioners and field leaders, this crucial, not-for-profit seminar will offer an excellent professional development opportunity to all carers, professionals and support workers working with people suddenly bereaved. Crucially, attendees will benefit from an exclusive ‘Meet the expert’ session with trauma specialist and field leader in early intervention, Professor Steven Regel.
Speakers at the vital seminar will cover:
- A common-sense approach to helping individuals and families cope with the traumatic impact of a sudden bereavement
- Insights into practical support methods available for practioners to help families suffering from the horrendous shock of sudden death
- An overview of the manifestation of trauma, and discussion of the value of early intervention
- Sign posting to a range of services and resources available for practitioners working with bereaved families
Confirmed speakers include:
Other speakers TBC.
- Professor Steven Regel, OBE, Director at Centre for Trauma, Resilience and Growth, University of Nottingham.
Steven has more than 30 years’ experience in working with trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and will provide an essential overview of the impact that traumatic bereavement can have on individuals and families, alongside delivering best practice guidance in early intervention and support methods.
Attendance at this crucial event costs just £40+ VAT per person. To book your place today, please complete our online form.
This event would not be possible without the kind support of Thompsons Solicitors.