Supporting families following sudden bereavement seminar
9.30am - 3pm, Tuesday 6 December, Edinburgh (UK)
Places are going fast on our vital 'Supporting families following sudden bereavement' seminar, and we would encourage any interested professionals to sign up soon to avoid disappointment.
Attendees will benefit from an exclusive half day 'Meet the expert session' with trauma specialist and expert in early intervention, Professor Steven Regel, who will overview the impact of trauma and discuss practical support methods for individuals who have been suddenly bereaved.
This essential event, which is kindly sponsored by Thompsons Solicitors, will take place in central Edinburgh on 6 December. Delegates will be offered an excellent professional development opportunity, and this seminar provides a unique networking experience for all carers, professionals and support workers.
Speakers at this crucial seminar will cover:
- Sign posting to a range of essential services and resources that are available for all practitioners supporting suddenly bereaved families
- Discussion of the importance of early intervention, and a practical overview of the manifestation of a trauma with a field leader
- A common-sense approach to helping individuals and families cope with the traumatic impact of a sudden bereavement
- Insights into practical support methods available for practitioners to help families suffering from the horrendous shock of sudden death
Confirmed speakers include:
Other speakers TBC.
- Professor Steven Regel, OBE, Director at Centre for Trauma, Resilience and Growth, University of Nottingham.
Steven has more than 30 years’ experience in working with trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and will provide an essential overview of the impact that traumatic bereavement can have on individuals and families, alongside delivering best practice guidance in early intervention and support methods.
This event would not be possible without the kind support of Thompsons Solicitors.