These seminars took place on 18 July 2013 in Bristol, and 5 November 2013 in Leeds. The events were kindly sponsored by Fentons Solicitors, and were run through Brake's Sudden initiative.
The report is free and available to be downloaded here.
The report contains:
- Brake’s work supporting suddenly bereaved children and young people, Louise MacRae, support service manager, Brake.
- Volunteer case study: Emily Carvin, Brake volunteer, and Louise Cox, Brake volunteer
- The ripple effect: how complex bereavement affects whole families, Arlene Healey, consultant family therapist and manager of the Belfast Family Trauma Centre.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder following traumatic bereavement in children and young people, David Trickey, lead consultant clinical psychologist, Child Bereavement & Trauma Service.
- Legal support for families following a sudden death in the UK, Nigel Smith, solicitor, and Etala Anderson, solicitor, Fentons.
- Supporting pre-school children after a sudden death, Liz Koole, family services team leader, Winston's Wish.
- Supporting children and young people bereaved by suicide, Claire Stableford, facilitator, and Julie Ellison, training development facilitator, Child Bereavement UK.
A full list of upcoming Sudden events can be found here.